Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 9 & 10

So I've been exhausted these days. They've definitely been tougher. Not only to get going, but having lots of tests done and my grandmother and the working out. This morning I had some blood work done and apparently my veins are not very cooperative. They said I have skinny veins. and I say thank you! I'll take that as a compliment. LOL I have skinny something. Due to the skinny veisn, it was super difficult to get the blood going. They had to repoke a few times and poke deeper and I just wanted to punch this lady so hard. Although, probably wouldn't have done much because I was feeling extremely faint. She said all of a sudden the color in face disappeared. Uhhh, ya think?! But it got done. Got some fun bruises to show for it. Regardless of the exhaustion and weak feeling I went to the gym. Yesterday and today my trainer has kicked my ass! But I love him. We laugh a lot, which just adds to the calorie burn. I know something is happening when I'm starting to ask him for more. Its a great feeling. To make ask for a quicker treadmill pace, or 5 more reps on a set of something. It makes both him and I proud. Hes taking it somewhat easy on me because my blood pressure is still reading high. 140/90 Its annoying because I feel fine. Do people with blood pressure have any other symptoms? The only other thing may be is that I cant really sleep at night. Well once I'm asleep I'm good, but since I've gotten here I cant fall asleep before 1am. Its really annoying. Especially because these last few days I've had to get up at 7am. Tomorrow is a very long day. Appts start at 7am then have a total of 3 tomorrow. It'll be a good day to get done. Than thats it. Tomorrow I define my surgery date, which I'm really excited about. I'm ready to take that next step. Scared I am, but more excited than anything. Excited because my mom will make the trip and I'll get too see her and spend some time.
I'm actually tired so going to try to sleep. Sorry this post wasnt the more excited. Maybe you can all feel how drained I feel. After tomorrow I'll have more energy.
Thank you for reading. G'night all

4 comments:

  1. I do hear the frustration and exhaustion, but I also hear accomplishments and success! YOU ARE AWSOME - and an inspriation! Hang tight - it's almost Friday!
    LOVE YOU, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sense some violence in you. This is the second post where you've mentioned your desire to punch someone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOl Juan thats funny. Your right. Guess its a defense when someone causes me pain, I wanna punch them. ha!!!
    Thanks Linda. Your great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed when I am working out more and eating healthier that I have more energy and it's harder for me to fall asleep at night... I almost feel tempted to eat something just to relax me and get me to sleep! But I try to do hot tea instead. I wonder if this has something to do with changing blood, sugar levels and our body types?

    ReplyDelete