Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 42

Waking up to peacocks crowing and birds chirping is probably the most amazing thing ever. Being at my family farm, Castalia, Its one of my favorite things. Its truly a paradise and I`m so grateful for the opportunity to be here. Especially for the next 2 weeks and a half. So excited. It has been a long time that I`ve been able to spend that much time here. Especially that its kind of alone. During holidays and family events there are at least 50 people hangin out here. Right now its pretty lonely for the farm, but makes me so happy. Its so great to see my Dad and be able to just hang out with him. My brother and I woke up at 630am to go for a walk, which is his routine when he is back home. Not really the walk, but he wakes up that early to workout..Me,, not so much lol. I made the effort so that we could spend some time together. Especially alone. I have to take advantage of that every time I can because it doesn`t happen often. It was nice to have that time to ourselves and just walk and chat about how things will be when I get back home. and my routine and my food. and when to cook and how to prepare things. My brother has always been very logical and he is wise when it comes to serious logic, so I hear him out when he talks because theres always something clever thats about to be said. I guess I also feel loved by him when he takes the time to talk with me about....me. He gives good advice and is always so funny. Any humor I have comes from him, which in turn both of our humor comes from my Dad. My Dad is known to be the clown of the family and is a pretty hysterial guy. So I can say that I have laughed a lot these past days. the best part is that we have laughed together. I`ve actually made him laugh, which is pretty cool. It may sound silly, but one of the ways I measure personal succes is if I can make someone laugh. I know how amazing I feel when I laugh, so when I can give laughter to someone, its truly a gift. I do feel happier and I feel more content with the relationships that I have in my life. Of course they need work, but what relationship doesn`t? I just know that I have come a long way as far as opening up to people and letting them see who I truly am. I feel less afraid of that. Its so challenging but so freeing and liberating.
Thank you for reading.
My cousin Laura and I. This girl is hysterical. 
For MaFe. My uncle Guille posing with an exotic flower on the farm

My brother`s farm. My Dad takes care of it and has made it grown with his own hands. 

My brother Juan, my Dad and Me!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are having fun, here today we have snow and back to the 20s, so enjoy the tropic, live the moment and don't allow anything to alter it! Nice to see you. love and light, lumtt

    ReplyDelete
  2. La foto de los tres esta buenĂ­sima!!!!

    ReplyDelete