Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 25 & 26

This is before leaving for the hospital in my grandmother's backyard.


So I'm home. Two days later and I'm sitting in the same spot as I was when I last wrote. So much has changed for me. Not to mention that I have about 80% less of a stomach, but that it all went so amazing. Waking up was nothing fun really. Neither was right before I knocked out. but all in all, I really have no complaints. I had prepared myself for severe pain and aches, and I feel pretty normal. The only thing is I'm a little weak. I obviously can't jump up and down or anything. But I can laugh, I can yawn, I can cough without pain. Theres a tightness in my chest and shoulders but nothing compared to what I had prepared for. The biggest pain in my ass is a tube that is attached to a pump that drains all the extra blood, fluid and left over stomach out of me. Its a little disturbing. I dont like the idea of anything sticking out of me through a hole. But really, thats the worst of it. I'm so grateful. I figured to start sharing some images of my process too.  (request of a close follower. Before you all get bored. LOL)
My Grandmother and I. We wore white in honor of my surgery.
Anxiously awaiting to be taken away to begin the process. I had just found out that I had lost 4 more pounds!!!!!


Day after surgery. IV is on the closest hand. In my other hand you can see I'm holding a pump. You can see the red tube. You will never see me this heavy again!!!
My bracelet. Just my name, birth date, Id # and that I'm allergic to Penicilin.



 So theres some of my exciting journey. Eating has definitely been a challenge. All I wanted was some ice or water. The day after surgery the Dr came to see me and was very impressed with how well I was doing. I started walking around and once they took another xray to say that the stomach looked good, I was able to start eating popsicles. Orange popsicles in water. I can't even eat a whole one before feeling full. Imagine that. Today its only been gatorade, and popsicles. I can no longer chug anything..ever again. Everything is through a straw and little by little. I haven't really felt hungry, but sitting at the table with my family tonight while they had scrambled eggs and hot chocolate and bread, wasn't the easiest. But its ok. This is all for a greater purpose. Thats what I kept repeating to myself when I woke up and threw up 5 times. This is all for a greater purpose and this shall pass. My aunt Marcela stayed both nights with me in the hospital. She was a great step in for my mom. I can't tell you how much I miss my mom. My aunt took good care of me and was awesome support.I'm grateful to be in my own bed tonight. I'm sure my aunt is too! lol I have been surrounded by great company all day. Had many visitors including my Dad. Hes been great, extremely supportive and helpin out with the laughs. He's a funny guy. Thank you to all who wrote, visited, called, prayed and thought of me. Its all going towards a great healing process. I do have to have an injection everyday for the next 7 days. So theres a couple things I'll be excited to be done with in a week. After that my Dr said I'll be ok to travel so I'll be going to Castalia, my family's farm, for about 20 days or so. A change of scenery will do me some great good. From now on I will include photos to keep you all entertained..LOL I'm ready for some quick, incredible changes. I am stronger today than I was yesterday. Gnite all.
Thank you for reading

1 comment:

  1. That's the way sunshine!! one step at the time, one moment at the time...it will take you as far a you want it to be. Great to have pictures, looking better everyday! Love and light. lumtt

    ReplyDelete