Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 28 & 29

So my recuperation is going fantastic. I dont think I could have been more grateful for how things are going. The eating is interesting and so has been waking up. The first couple days was just gatorade, water and flavored water. Yesterday was the first time that I could injest protein. Still all liquids, but I can have jello, protein drinks, and blended chicken.mmmmm lol. Its actually not that bad. I'm so grateful for the simplicity of it all. For me at least. Actual surgery I'm sure wasn't the simplest. I tend to prepare for the worst and hope for the best and it has always gotten me great results. I expected serious pain and agony. I was mentally prepared. Also mentally prepared for the difficulty with food. In all honestly I haven't felt hunger. I dont have cravings. I do realize that your sense of smell has a lot to do with your hunger. You smell something delicious and something within you wakes up and says, Hey!!!! lol Than you say, Noooo! I eat every two hours because I know my body needs it. I get full so fast. I take a max of 7 sips and I'm done. Today was a great day. Since yesterday I started eating proteins, today I woke up with no dizziness or weakness. So I made my bed, folded my clothes and actually went for a walk with my cousin Laura.(she is also my therapy. shes the most funny person here) I walked a total of 8 blocks and up and down 9 stairs..lol. It was a good day. My biggest problem is my grandmother. Its exhausting. I understand these are all life lessons and all, but SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! man o man. She is my biggest struggle. She hates that I barely eat so its constantly eat! eat! eat! thats a killer. Today they ordered pizza, and I chose not to sit by them. But of course my grandma had to offer it over and over and over again. We faught. Not pleasant at all. But day by day. Moment by moment. Right? lol Its draining. But thats life. With every great thing, there will be something to counterbalance it.  A close friend just said it perfectly, "Theres no such thing as a free lunch", but damnit, I'm not hungry LOL One thing I know I will leave so much more patient, and so much more appreciate of what I have back home. Last night I had a dream that I ate two hamburgers. I was so mad at myself. After everything. I could hear myself screaming saying just eat half of one. But no, the old Ana would do something silly like that. Its so great to wake up from  a nightmare like that. Everyday I feel better and better and everyday I am aware that my struggles will be for the rest of my life. I am ready for them and will take them on one by one. In the meanwhile, remembering that this is my choice and it is all for a greater purpose. Which is to love Ana, the way she truly deserves to be loved for. I feel like I've come such a long way. Yesterday, the 7th, was my month anniversary here. And I am so proud to say that I met my goal of losing 20lbs!!!!!!! 18 of those pounds, were me alone with watching what I eat and exercise. In two days I had lost 2lbs since the surgery. So I'm sure March will be a good month for more loss of the fat that I have been hiding behind for so many years. Everyone here sees and and only now am I starting to see just a tiny bit of it. Im truly excited and feel lovelier and lovelier with each day that passes. Thats it for me. I'm tired. Here are some more pics. I warn you, some are graphic. I decided to capture what my stomach looks like now, so for those who are curious can see whats going on.
Thank you for reading.

Before surgery with my Aunt Beatriz.
She drove me to the clinic. Is one of the sweetest people I know.
  My aunt Carmen Ceilia, Me and my aunt Marcela.

      













                                                 

















3 holes of the surgery. Top, Right and belly button.Then my drainage tube that connects to a pump like thing. I know its kinda graphic. But hey, its part of the process. Here my stomach is still swollen. Normally you can see my bellybutton, but not yet. Excited for my scars!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are in no pain and doing so well. I love you and miss you so. I can't believe its only been 1 month. Keep up the postive attutude!
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have actually gained a couple of pounds. If you calculate in that they took out a big chunk of stomach :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana, 20 pounds in a month? Wow! That's a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete