Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 60&61-Colombian Farewell

Here I am. Sitting in bed, writing my last post in Colombia, from this beginning. Crying is the only thing that seems logical. So much has happened here and I truly do not have enough words to express all the mixture of emotions I'm going through right now. Please excuse the language, but I am so fucking proud to be where I am today. I'm so proud, it seems unreal. I look at myself in the mirror and I look at myself in my heart and I am no longer the same person you once knew. I have new skin, new glasses to look through and new found love for myself. Theres truly nothing more that could fulfill me more. Tomorrow at 930am, I get on the same plane that left that Ana behind. I will be getting on it to fly back to that place I once knew that was filled with darkness, fear, desperation, sadness, pain, hopelessness and loss of direction. I will get on this plane with hope, courage, bravery, strength, Clarity, security, determination, patience, happiness and most importantly LOVE. My gratitude is infinite. I find myself without words to describe it, the only thing I can hope for is that you can feel it through this post. Hope you can feel all the amazing energy I am putting into this post and into your hearts. This is a very important post. Its the most important g'bye. The g'bye to a place, geographically and time, that has brought me so much enlightenment and transformation. G'bye to the place where it all started. The place that gave me life and created this being that you read today. Flawed and strengthend. Beautiful and scared. This g'bye begins the rest of my journey. The next step on my very bright path. Thank you to all of you that supported me and showed me love. For the first time, I allowed it to happen. To all of you, you are with me every step of the way on my journey. I am ready. I am ready to face those fears and to conquer them. To continue this amazing jump start I have on accepting myself and allowing you to see how amazing I really am. To show you the light that lives within me. My essence.
Yesterday I was able to have a final, physical coaching session, and it was dedicated to celebration. There is so much to celebrate and I will only mention a few. I celebrate the feelling of really liking myself. I celebrate all the relationships I have been able to establish and discover here. I celebrate being 36 pounds healthier. I celebrate my new, more independent relationship with  my mom. I celebrate all the challenges that I was able to overcome. I celebrate my de-layering. I celebrate my courage and my strength. I celebrate life and all of its wide open doors that I'm ready to walk through. I celebrate my greatness and ready to let it shine.
Last night I had a great g'bye gathering with cousin Laura, my sister Magda Cristina, Camilo and a friend we call Gordo. It was a great evening. Just a final reconnection with friends. Tonight was my g'bye moments with my family. That was the hardest. But I truly appreciate every moment spent with everyone and could not have asked for a more perfect of an experience. Colombia, thank you. For your support and for your love. I didn't get to see my cousin Pedro. So Pedro, thank you so much for being so damn great and for showing me that its possible to be happy no matter what. Thank you for your inspirations and wisdom. You are truly an example of a pure essence of an amazing being. I appreciate the times we spent together and everything I learned from you. I love you and will miss you dearly. I cordially invite you to Chicago. Hope one day, we can make that happen. Good luck with your problem though, lol ;)
I love you all, and for the last time from this chapter,
Thank you for reading

A soul mate.Thank you for the CLARITY

Laura and I. Thank you for the laughs. Mi Lauris, gracias por las carcajadas. Te adoro

Ha!!! Cant come to Colombia and not eat their amazing hot dog.


Dont worry, I took a total of 3 bites of this and was full. So damny yummy!!



Beautiful Lauris. Te adoro!!!

For you! Gordo and I. Childhood friends

Gordo, Camilo and I. Many great laughs. Camilo, my dear friend

The farewell PJ party. Laura, sister and I

My little sister Cris and I. Love her!

My little cousin Sebastian and I. He took this pic himself. So damn cute!!

Sandra, Uncle Jorge and I. Love them so much

Uncle Guillermo and Aunt Marcela. My 2nd parents. So much love and adoration. Words arent really enough here.


Then theres me. Happy and ready. Will miss u Colombia, and all of the greatness you hold within. Thank you and Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Ana!!!!! Congrats on your courage of making this trip happen!!!! You have a wonderful and "bright" future ahead!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete